Sunday, August 2, 2009

The end is near

Well, my 2009 Triathlon season is coming to an end next week with the Gloucester Triathlon. I've made some solid gains this year, including today's Witch City Tri where I came in 16th out of 300 and 2nd in my age group. My first podium! I realized that with hard work and dedication the results will come... and that's one of the reasons I'm so motivated for Ironman.

Over the last week I thought a lot about the coming year and I'm excited and a bit nervous at the same time. It feels great telling people we signed up...I get a mix of reactions from "that's awesome" to "are you out of your mind?". I like the "are you out of your mind?" answer better because it helps me remember the enormity of the task at hand. Focused Ironman training will start very soon. Until then I'll focus on getting stronger physically and mentally... In the end, there's always a new beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Martini. Giving Vinman a run for his money, An Older Brother's worst nightmare...good luck ahead little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The goal is met every sing day you are making it happen.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Search

 
fitwerx header