Monday, October 5, 2009

It starts today

Today is what I consider to be my first day of Ironman prep. Steve Prefontaine had a great quote my brother told me about... "preparation breeds confidence" and boy is that true.

Over the last several weeks I've focused on getting my body ready for the miles that will pile up and, as I start my actual training, I will keep focused on building strength and adding in some swim technique work.

I'll be working out at B&S Fitness in Salem. I'm starting a conditioning program called Psychofitt which focuses on full-body strength, cardio, agility and core. In addition, I'll do a third day of full body work at Paradise Gym in Swampscott. Rachel at Paradise has been putting my through the paces over the last few weeks and I feel stronger already.

In addition to full body strengthening, I'm jumping back in the pool tomorrow. Craig Lewin of the North Shore Swim Club knows his stuff and we'll be focused on technique. I need this badly as my swim is an area where I can make instant gains. Craig coached me last year and I had my best swims to date, but I started late, so I didn't have the base phase of pure technique and that's what we'll be starting tomorrow.

Thank you for coming along...

Topics to follow: Nutrition and my trip to the wind tunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search

 
fitwerx header