Saturday, January 2, 2010

Swim Update - when will it click?

It's not just mental. I know that I'm getting better at swimming, but it is so frustrating!!! I'm the last one on most sets and I don't understand why I'm not getting "it". Craig says my stroke is getting better, but there are some things I need to work on. I'll get there, but boy is this frustrating. Here is his analysis and the video:

Craig Lewin, North Shore Swim Club:
"Over the water is okay. Not to much to worry about. You need better body roll with the hips and to work on the timing of your rotation. Everything rolls together. Use six kicks and roll, 1 stroke six kicks, and 3 strokes 12 kicks to work on the roll.

Also on your pull notice how you cross over as you extend out and your turn your palm out before you pull. You need to keep the palm down toward the floor not thumb down to the side. This is causing you to sweep out slightly as you pull. The press and release drills and kicking on your side with your arm out front will help you correct this. Once you fix this you will have a better press and a deeper catch and pull. Also you are entering a little too deep so you can bring the hand up a little bit on entry. Your stroke is getting better we really just have to fix the roll and get a little more muscular endurance and power in the lats so you can really start gaining some speed.

Keep up the good work. If you have any questions please let me know."

Video Link: http://www.divshare.com/download/9999549-772

I have to say, Craig is awesome to work with. Super-supportive and he's making me better. It will happen!

1 comment:

  1. marty, craig is right, it is like watching paint dry! You won't see it now, but when you go flying by us this summer you will say, holy cow he was right! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Search

 
fitwerx header