Monday, May 3, 2010

Turn up the volume

Just under 12 weeks and Lake Placid awaits. This past week was some what of an eye opener. 17 hours of training... it's not just the 17 hours of training, it's owning a business, being a husband and father, and having a life. I'm very happy with how the week went.

Here is some of the work:
Monday: 2:30 bike
Tuesday: 1 hour swim, 45 minute run
Wednesday: 1:00 bike(80% of FTP), 20 minute run
Thursday: 1 hour swim, 40 minute run
Friday: 2 hour run
Saturday: 3:30 bike
Sunday: 3 hour bike (80% of FTP) and 30 minute run

The best part of my week? On Sunday we celebrated my daughter's second Birthday. Happy Birthday Noella!!!!

As we turn up the volume the challenges arise. For example, in order to get in my 3:30 ride on Saturday I had to start at 5:15 a.m. The sun wasn't even up yet. :-)
In addition, sleep and recovery is key. I have to get better at this.

Moving forward this week the volume stays about the same, but we sprinkle some more intensity. This is getting fun!

I know I've said it before, but I do want to thank my coach Jeff Capobianco. He has proven to be an incredible planner and a wealth of knowledge. Thanks Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search

 
fitwerx header