Sunday, June 20, 2010

5 Weeks to go

It's starting to ramp up. 17.5 hours of training this week. It would have been 18 hours, but the ocean was freezing and a couple of my rides were 5-10 minutes short. My wife Keri-Ann pointed out that this is like having a part-time job. Today it felt like a full time job. 94 miles in the saddle and a 30 minute run. I'm feeling it. :-)

This past week Coach Cap kept my running at bay because of the foot issue I developed at Mooseman. The week after Mooseman my left foot was really painful, so we upped the bike and swim to give my foot some rest. I've been on my bike the last 6 out of 7 days, swam 3 days, and ran 3 times (1 hour and then 2 x 30 minute runs off the bike). Thankfully my foot is feeling better this week and that is due to my visit with Sara Thatcher. She seriously is some kind of body miracle worker. I'm not just saying that either. When I saw her last Monday morning I could hardly walk..3 hours after our session my foot felt 1,000 times better and my runs this week were much more bearable with a lot less pain. I'll see her again tomorrow for more work to keep my body in "peak" condition.

As I look back at my training and see the progress I've made I can't help think about the sacrifices. Not only mine, but my family's. I couldn't do this without the love and support of my wife Keri-Ann. She never gives me sh*t about a workout, she understands the physical demands, and she's there when I call her at 6:30 in the morning before my race and I'm crying for no particular reason. Ok, sometimes, especially when I'm tired, I get emotional. :-) Thank you hon!

And speaking of my family I'm excited to tell you that Keri-Ann and I will be expecting our second child on 1/1/11. :-) It certainly adds to the Journey and I couldn't be more exited.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for the two of you, keep up the good work. And yes, Sara is a miracle worker, can't wait to see her on tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the second child. WIth all the training you've been doing I hope it's yours. haha.

    B

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Search

 
fitwerx header