Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On my mind

You've been on my mind for over a year. I've had hours and miles to think about every aspect of the challenge. I've sacrificed, I've suffered, I've succeeded. I've woken up
in no mood to work out, without any drive, and got through it. I've woken up ready to attack and exceed the goal at hand. I am excited. I am motivated. I am athlete 849.

The last 2 weeks of Ironman prep involve a lot less volume and in a weird way it plays with your body and mind. Although I'm not working out as much my body is tired and
achy. I've been told this is a good sign and that my body is recovering. I will be ready.

Let me take a second and say thanks to every single one of you who has helped make this journey possible. There are too many of you to name individually and many of you I don't even know. My inspiration came from your stories, from my family, from my friends, and from my own insecurities. I've laughed, I've cried, and I've had doubts. As the VP said, "This is a big f*cking deal"... at least it is to me.

Dad, Ro/Clint, Vin/Nicole, Keri-Ann and Noella... I know everyone says "I couldn't do this without you". I wouldn't want to do this without you! Thank you for making your own sacrifices to be with me. You and the rest of the family will be my inspiration along the way. I'm already looking forward to seeing you and the kids, upstairs, and Keri's family along the way. It will be the lift I need when needed.

I can't wait to hug you at the finish line after I hear "Marty Miserandino, you are an Ironman!"

Mom, there isn't day that goes by that I don't think of you. I still lean on you and know that you'll be with us. Your words of encouragement, your life long lessons,
and your strength during dialysis, bypass surgeries and amputation showed me what it means to be strong and fight. You and Dad have prepared Vin and me for this without even knowing. Mom, I am going to be an Ironman and when I cross that line I'll look to the sky and blow you a kiss.

1 comment:

Followers

Search

 
fitwerx header